Obtaining a library card
- Residents of Washington County may obtain a library card by providing a Pennsylvania Driver’s License or non-driver ID. Postmarked mail, or utility bills may be used as proof of in-county residence.
- Residents of other counties may obtain a Monongahela Area Library card with their ACCESS PA home library card or by paying a non-resident user fee.
Borrowing and Returning
- Most materials may be borrowed for 14 days;
- DVD’s may be borrowed for 1 week;
- Current periodicals are not available for loan; back issues may be borrowed for one week.
- Items may be renewed 2 times at the Library, by telephone during library hours (724-258-5409), or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Items not currently available may be reserved at the Circulation Desk.
- Notification of availability is by phone and the item will only be held for three business days.
Inter-Library Loans (ILL)
- Materials may be available from other libraries;
- renewals are not permitted on ILL items.
- Internet computers are available to card holders and guest at the Circulation Desk.
- Users MUST bring their library card
- Free WiFi service is also available;
Printing and Copies
- Printing computer pages or photocopies: 15 cents ($0.15) a page.
- No color copies; Black and White only
- A public fax is available during library hours at the Customer Service Desk;
- Cost for a fax is $1.00 per page to send or receive (in continental U.S.). Our fax number is 724-258-5440 and pages should be marked to the recipient’s attention.