Click here for the Genealogy Research Request Form
- Reference staff will search its records and conduct basic inquiries for a fee:
- Pre-paid fees are $10 per name; $15 per name if only the month and year are provided; fees include postage and up to 5 copies–regardless of the success of the search.
- Obituaries and marriage and birth announcements in local newspapers can be searched as long as the complete dates can be provided;
- Local records include:
- The Washington Reporter (August 1808–April 1967
- The Washington Observer (January 1872–December 1969)
- The Observer-Reporter (January 1970–present)
- The Claysville Recorder (1894-1973)
- The McDonald Record Outlook (1892-1983)
- Citizens Library Catalog
- Pedigree Charts
- Surname files
- Indexed county histories and biographies;
- Some family histories are available through InterLibrary Loan (through your local library); microfilm holdings are not available through loans but may be displayed on a computer in house and the files saved to a personal flash drive or emailed.
- Ancestry.com Library Edition is also available in house only.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Genealogy & History in Washington County PA
www.chartiers.com/ – Online books and links to resources.
Genealogy Society of Southwestern PA
www.genealogicalsocietyswpa.com – “The society was formed so members might assist one another in discovering and preserving information about their families. A non-profit, educational organization, it is primarily concerned with the genealogical records of Southwestern Pennsylvania.”
Washington County Historical Society
www.wchspa.org/ – Historical and genealogical information.
Cornerstone Genealogy Society
www.cornerstonegenealogy.com – “The Cornerstone Genealogical Society is a non-profit unincorporated organization dedicated to preserving the genealogical history of Greene County, Pennsylvania.”
http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh/ – Historic Pittsburgh is a comprehensive collection of local resources that supports personal and scholarly research of the western PA area.
PA GenWeb Project
www.pagenweb.org/ – Part of the U.S. GenWeb Project.
PA State Archives
www.digitalarchives.state.pa.us – This system is designed to facilitate citizen access to archival records created by all branches and levels of PA State Government.
www.ancestry.com/ – “Discover Your Family Story” This service is available in-house at one of our Genealogy computer stations.
www.ellisislandrecords.org – Search ships’ manifests.
Cyndi’s List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
www.CyndisList.com/ – “A categorized & cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet.”
http://www.familysearch.org – Free family history, family tree, and genealogy records and resources from around the world.