The Genealogy Librarian will be on vacation for the entire month of September 2017. Reference Staff will still be available to assist with any genealogy questions.
Click here for the Genealogy Research Request Form
- Reference staff will search its records and conduct basic inquiries for a fee:
- Pre-paid fees are $10 per name; $15 per name if only the month and year are provided; fees include postage and up to 5 copies–regardless of the success of the search.
- Obituaries and marriage and birth announcements in local newspapers can be searched as long as the complete dates can be provided;
- Local records include:
- The Washington Reporter (August 1808–April 1967
- The Washington Observer (January 1872–December 1969)
- The Observer-Reporter (January 1970–present)
- The Claysville Recorder (1894-1973)
- The McDonald Record Outlook (1892-1983)
- Citizens Library Catalog
- Pedigree Charts
- Surname files
- Indexed county histories and biographies;
- Some family histories are available through InterLibrary Loan (through your local library); microfilm holdings are not available through loans but may be displayed on a computer in house and the files saved to a personal flash drive or emailed.
- Ancestry.com Library Edition is also available in house only.
- Contact email@example.com or 724-222-2400 ext. 233
Genealogy & History in Washington County PA
www.chartiers.com/ – Online books and links to resources.
Genealogy Society of Southwestern PA
www.genealogicalsocietyswpa.com – “The society was formed so members might assist one another in discovering and preserving information about their families. A non-profit, educational organization, it is primarily concerned with the genealogical records of Southwestern Pennsylvania.”
Washington County Historical Society
www.wchspa.org/ – Historical and genealogical information.
Cornerstone Genealogy Society
www.cornerstonegenealogy.com – “The Cornerstone Genealogical Society is a non-profit unincorporated organization dedicated to preserving the genealogical history of Greene County, Pennsylvania.”
http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh/ – Historic Pittsburgh is a comprehensive collection of local resources that supports personal and scholarly research of the western PA area.
PA GenWeb Project
www.pagenweb.org/ – Part of the U.S. GenWeb Project.
PA State Archives
www.digitalarchives.state.pa.us – This system is designed to facilitate citizen access to archival records created by all branches and levels of PA State Government.
www.ancestry.com/ – “Discover Your Family Story” This service is available in-house at one of our Genealogy computer stations.
www.ellisislandrecords.org – Search ships’ manifests.
Cyndi’s List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
www.CyndisList.com/ – “A categorized & cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet.”
http://www.familysearch.org – Free family history, family tree, and genealogy records and resources from around the world.